Monday 13 February 2012

Remembering Whitney Elizabeth Houston - August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012


Like many I woke up to the very sad news yesterday morning (in the UK) of the passing of Whitney Houston. Her music was the soundtrack to my childhood. My very first album was 'Whitney' on record/vinyl (remember those?) a gift from my parents and my second album ironically was by Bobby Brown 'Don't Be Cruel'. Till today 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' is still my favourite feel good song and I have been known to pull out a hairbrush in the middle of a club/party/bar/shop (don't judge me lol) when this song comes on, it just takes me back to being that little singer in front of the mirror.

I wanted to be 'that pretty girl' when I grew up

I'd say that in the mid 90s is when I started to appreciate not only 'the voice' but also Ms Houston' stunning make-up. Whitney always looked elegant, sophisticated, she just oozed glamour; her skin flawlessly  bronzed with a subtle neutral or smokey eye and frosted coppertone or red lipstick seemed to be her signature look and it was a winner! In this post i'd like to share just a few beautiful images of one of the greatest female singers of all time Ms Whitney Elizabeth Houston. May she now rest peacefully in the arms of the greatest love of all.






   



  




No comments:

Post a Comment